What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the card payments industry with one of the most comprehensive courses in this field and excel in your job.
- Identify all participants in the industry and learn about their business models. Identify or define your role in the payments ecosystem.
- Learn about acquiring and issuing.
- Understand the scheme fees and interchange fees of the leading card schemes.
- No prior knowledge is necessary.
- No prior technical skills are necessary.
- A willingness to understand new concepts.
This is one of the most comprehensive programs covering the card payments industry. Initially, it was part of the Certificate in Finance and Technology but it grew fast as a stand-alone educational program. Professionals from leading technology companies and financial institutions have excelled in their jobs and have enhanced their careers after choosing this program.
In this course you will learn the fundamentals of the card payments industry.
In the first section you will learn to identify the main players in card payments. You will understand their business models in the cards value chain and you will learn how to explain the card transaction cycle.
In the second section you will learn who the main players in the credit card industry are. You will understand the relationships between them in the four-party-model and we will cover the lifecycle of a transaction. In this section you will also calculate network assessment fees.
In the third section we will discuss the different types of value chain models and you will learn how to calculate the interchange fee of a transaction.
This course will help you understand the success factors in this business and how to apply them.
The author of the course is a professional in the fields of payments and has worked for companies like Commerzbank, BNP Paribas, Wirecard, UniCredit and many other financial institutions.
- Payments industry professionals and beginners
- Developers curious about business processes in the card payments industry
- Professionals focused on business curious about the technology behind card payments